It is a rare case when our application stops sharing internet bandwidth with our clients, and as a result, users do not get any credits for that. Due to the way Android manages background services, our internal application services crashes and application simply stops responding, sometimes the application crashes as a whole. However, there is a way how you could restart our application and continue sharing your internet bandwidth with our clients and gather credits for that. But before that, make sure that you are logged in to your account because if you are not, your credits might disappear after doing the following steps:
- Find Honeygain application and do a long tap on it (just put your finger on the application and hold it for few seconds until the menu for that application appears).
- Once the menu is open, tap on App info.
- Tap on Force stop.
- You will be asked if you really want to force stop the application. Tap OK.
- Then go back to the initial App info menu and tap on Storage & cache.
- After that, tap on Clear storage.
- You will then be asked if you really want to delete application data. Tap OK.
- After that, open our application. You will be asked to log in again and the application should start sharing your internet bandwidth.